Just a few words of wisdom I’ve picked up over the years. Some I’ve made up and some I’ve appropriated from others.
1) Good enough never leads to great. (Personal Motto. I love it so much I had it engraved on to a charm and wear it daily.)
2) Marriage is a Team Sport.
3) Regret tastes worse than fear and lasts longer.
4) No one, on their death bed, wished they’d slept more. (This is what I tell myself when I want to sleep in instead of getting up to write.)
5) Even Stephen King got rejection slips.
6) The First Draft of Anything is Shit – Hemingway. (This is what I remind myself when the internal editor starts giving me crap.)
7) When being with another person is more important than being right all the time you’re with the right person.
8) This too shall pass.
9) If you run headlong into your fears you can usually get past them. If you run from them they’ll just follow you forever.
10) You’ve got to live this life you’re given like it’s the only one you’ve got. – Three Doors Down “The Only One You’ve Got.”