This post is inspired by a post the Optimistic Kid put out. [I’m new to WordPress so if I’ve gotten the link wrong I’m Sorry!]
His post was 67 facts about the O.K. I don’t know if I can top 67 but we’ll see. 😉
1) Rylie Dalthrys is a pen name. I use a pen name due to the nature of my day job. AND for the simple reason that if I ever have to switch jobs again I want a prospective employer to find my professional accomplishments if they google me not my writing. By the same token, should I ever be fortunate enough to be googled by an agent I want them to only see my writing.
All the letters in the nom de plume are from my real name and it is the ONLY “off truth” that will ever be in this blog.
2) I love hockey. I watch it constantly, not just my fav team but just about any game that’s on. During the lockout I even watched AHL, college and <gasp> High School hockey to get my fix.
3) I also watch Football, Soccer, Curling (when I can, we don’t get much down south), Rugby, and some Baseball.
4) I don’t smoke.
5) I rarely drink but when I do it’s bourbon or whiskey, usually in an Irish Coffee or Hot Toddy.
6) Hubby and I have been together 26 years and I adore him more with each passing day. I consider it one of the greatest blessing in my life to be able to be with the same fella from teen years to middle age.
7) This is my favorite number.
8) I cry at sappy commercials, blog posts, news articles, and any story about animals being lost or reunited. And if anyone gives me crap about it I’ll cut’m!
9) I own one firearm and I know how to use it. My reasons behind having the pistol are simple. How can I write a convincing running gun battle if I don’t even know what recoil feels like. 🙂
10) I think Astronaut Abby totally rocks! [same caveat about links as above] Seriously, check her out. She’s amazing. If the link doesn’t work just Google Astronaut Abby.
11) I’m a space nut. Even my coworkers IN the aerospace industry think I’m a nut.
12) Hubby’s a space nut too.
13) I’ve been to England several times.
14) I’ve been to Scotland once.
15) I’ve been to Seattle half a dozen times.
16) We want to retire to the Pacific Northwest some day.
17) I’ve been to the Caribbean but didn’t like it much.
18) I’m struggling to get to 20…. geesh, how it O.K. get to 67.
19) I love Christmas music.
20) Wow, I just witnessed a road rage altercation outside my window. They yelled at each other for a bit and I screamed Merry Christmas at them. I doubt they heard me but it was fun and they did finally move it along.
21) My current addiction is to Harribo’s Lemon-Ginger gummi candies, hence number 22.
22) I need to lose weight.
23) I don’t text.
24) I don’t even own a cell phone that can text.
25) It was impossible to get a cellphone without a camera but it was amusing to see the various expressions from the sales reps when I asked. (Work related issue.)
26) I was raised with dogs but I currently own cats. Love’m!
27) I have ridden a horse and an elephant, neither is something I care to experience again.
28) I love to swim.
29) I own a house with a fireplace and have never used it.
30) I was raised in Central Florida without air-conditioning or heat, and survived just fine thank you <twitch>.
31) I’ve done past life regression and discovered I was completely ordinary and boring in every one.
32) This time around I aim to be a little more memorable. 😉
33) I hope to one day live completely off the grid.
34) And I hope one day to make a living by writing.
35) I clearly have a lot of work ahead of me to get to 33 & 34.
36) I can’t watch scary stuff before bedtime. It gives me nightmares.
37) I prefer Sci/Fi and Fantasy but will read some types of romance and mysteries.
38) I read science books for fun.
39) I read books on grammar for fun too.
40) I like bananas but dislike anything banana flavored.
41) I love anything watermelon flavored but dislike the fruit.
42) Clowns freak me out.
43) I can’t stand emory boards or the sound of things being sanded.
44) This is as far as I’ve gotten in life so this is where I’ll stop.